Sal Tamburo, Chair
The Program Committee in responsible for organizing a wide range of events of general interest to BABA’s business members, including breakfasts with dynamic guest speakers; "Business After Hours" discussion programs on topical issues; and BABA's social activities, such as our annual Gala Christmas Luncheon and Golf Tournament.
Some recent events set up by the BABA Program Committee include:
- "To Be or Not to Be...The EU Referendum": This was a topical, informative, well-attended and lively interactive discussion addressing the upcoming (at the time) Brexit referendum. The program was monitored by Jon Sopel, North American Editor, BBC. Speakers included James Kariuki, Counsellor, Head of Global and Economic Policy Group, British Embassy, Dan Ikenson, Director, Herbert A. Stiefel Center for Trade Policy Studies, CATO Institute, and John Dickerman, Head of Washington Office, Confederation of British Industry, (The CBI).
- CEO Speaker Series Event with guest speaker Craig Kreeger, Chief Executive, Virgin Atlantic Airways: This was the most recent installment of our CEO Speaker Series. Mr. Kreeger provided his insights into maintaining a successful corporate culture at Virgin, among other topics of general interest.
- Innovation & European Networking Evening: With guest speaker, Alan Gregerman, author of “The Necessity of Strangers”, the intriguing truth about INSIGHT, INNOVATION, and SUCCESS. The evening was co-sponsored with the American-Danish Business Council, Finnish-American Chamber of Commerce, French-American Chamber of Commerce, Netherlands American Chamber of Commerce and the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce.
- Member Appreciation Reception and Annual General Meeting and election of Directors - Sponsored by Airbus, this is a terrific networking opportunity to meet all of our members both before and after the general meeting.
- International Rooftop Networking to Support Friendship Place: With British, French, and Swedish bi-lateral associations
The current members of the Program Committee are as follows:
|British Embasy||Kate Greer|
|Dahl-Morrow International||Andy Steinem|
|Nora Carrol||Nora Carrol|
|Dept. of Labor||Marueen Degnan|
|Indigo DNA Corporation||Tom Harrell|
|New Couture||Alvin Thompson|
|New Horizon Wines||Chris Parker|
|Takemori Law Firm||Gina Takemori|
|WorldTravelService (Ret)||Margot Lebow|