The purpose of the British-American Business Association is to encourage business cooperation between the United Kingdom and the United States, in particular by facilitating association among British and American members of the business community of the Greater Washington area and by providing an effective organization in which members can work together to further their business interests.
From airlines, aerospace, and technology firms to banks and hotels, BABA's membership reflects the diverse economy of the region, including large US and UK corporations with operations in the Washington-Baltimore area, as well as many small and medium-sized enterprises.
Why Join BABA?
Our members join for a variety of reasons. The primary reason is for networking and business development.
As a member of the British-American Business Association, you gain the benefits of the British-American Business Council, a transatlantic business network of more than 2200 companies in 22 major cities throughout North America and the UK.
- Introduction to British Embassy contacts through a face-to-face meeting with an industry specific sector person.
- Trade Information Service: Get your questions answered and identify potential clients, vendors and business partners offered by the London office of BritishAmerican Business, Inc. to all BABC member companies.
- Online Membership Directory: Identify and develop business with clients, vendors and business partners in more than 23 cities. (ONLY AVAILABLE TO COMPANY MEMBERS)
- Promote your company to other BABC chapter member companies throughout North America and the UK, by hyperlinking your listing on the BABC Online Membership Directory to your own site and through banner ads on the BABC website.
- Evening programs featuring a broad range of high-level speakers.
- Informational seminars on current business issues such as: immigration; transatlantic anti-corruption; defense and homeland security; finance; healthcare; and energy and environment issues.
- Social events such as: golf tournaments, Pub Nights, annual Christmas Luncheon, and black tie dinners.
- J1 Visa Program: Bring qualified employees into the Unites States for training and work experience, in a smooth, swift, and cost-effective way. (ONLY AVAILABLE TO COMPANY MEMBERS)
- Expand your business network in some 22 cities by participating in the BABC's annual conferences, which bring together leaders and members of all the chapters of the BABC.
- Quarterly Association Newsletter.
- Joint programs with other local bilateral associations.
- Annual "Membership Directory & Resource Guide."
- Online Member Perks Directory: Offer and receive discount benefits from members to members.
BABA's Membership Categories
Corresponding annual dues, are as follows:
Sponsoring Member - $2,500:
For companies that want to maintain a high profile in the UK-US business community. This category entitles a select group of company executives to participate in high-level networking programs and includes additional benefits as well.
In addition to all the general membership benefits, Sponsoring Members enjoy:
- Special invitations to private Association events.
- Preferential seating at events.
- Web link from BABA website.
- Company logo on BABA homepage.
- Full-page advertisement in the Annual Membership Directory & Resource Guide.
- Highlighted entry in the Directory including company logo.
- Up to 8 company contacts listed in the Directory and on the mailing list.
- 5 complimentary copies of the Membership Directory.
- Recognition in Association literature and publications.
- Pre-event receptions with high-profile speakers.
- Sponsorship of a major Program. Sponsoring Members can define the topic, and provide the venue/refreshments and the appropriate speakers, for their own event to be advertised to the entire BABA membership.
Corporate Member - $800:
For large firms with more than 10 employees. In this category, as many employees as desired can participate in the Association's activities.
Small Business Member - $300:
For small firms with no more than 10 employees.
Individual Member - $175:
For individuals affiliated with the government; retirees or those who do not desire to advertise their company affiliation. No access to the British-American Business Council database (a listing of over 2,300 contacts) under this category.
UK Associate Member - $225:
This non-voting member category is for organizations and individuals in the UK interested in forging business or professional ties in the Greater Washington region.
Young Professional Member - $35:
(Renewable each year for three years.) For young professionals beginning their careers with an interest in British and American relations. No company affiliation is listed. No access to the British-American Business Council database (a listing of over 2,200 contacts) under this category.